Translation

30.8.12


Well, I can tell you I love it out here so far. We went on a hike around close proximity of Jerusalem, starting in the Muslim quarter, which was really run down and filthy, until the Jewish west wall. It is such an inspiring feeling to see the dedication people have to their ideals. It effects their lives and behaviors so much. We went through the holy roman Catholic cathedral where the rock where Christ's cross was placed is believed to have been. There were Russians who made the pilgrimage and sang hymns and recited prayers. There were Nigerian priests who were very involved with the services.
When we passed into the Jewish quarter, after passing through the Christian quarter, the streets went from dirty filthy to incredibly clean. The very style of buildings drastically changed. They were paupers houses in the Muslim and christian quarters. Then they became incredible Herodian brick style. The Palestinians are incredibly kind, where as the Jews have an arrogant coldness defining their relations to most other people. However, rightfully so with the way they have been treated through the centuries. Its hard to take any sort of side since the hurt has been going on for centuries and centuries on both sides though. 
There is so much to talk about but not enough to. Also I wish I could share pictures, but for the time being I must wait. I can do skype at internet cafe's when I get the chance.

No comments: