Translation

14.9.12

Shalom my friends,
Its been a little while since I last wrote so I will update you on some the happenings, places I've visited, people I have met, etc.
It seems like I have been here for months now but thinking about it reminds me that only two weeks elapsed. So it is with new experiences. I have noticed that time seems to significantly slow down when thrust into new situations. About a week and a half ago, I didnt know hardly anyone from the Jerusalem Center group, but now I only forget a couple names every once in a while. I don't know if time being slow is a blessing or a curse. We all know the saying that we ought to make the most of our lives and live to the fullest . . . if time feels slower, does that mean we can fit more into our time? If so then yes its a good thing, however, if time slows down, the rough times last longer. I think its a matter of perspective. If we look for the good in all situations, it doesnt matter how fast time goes by, we will make the most of it either way!
This last week we had a forum visitor, a reporter for the Jerusalem Post who came in and told us that we need to avoid believing whats in the media. Particularly in america, reporters love to use the method known as "Parachute Journalism". Thats just as it sounds. Some reporter, even the "good" ones, go into situations without any knowledge of the actual real time situation and give these full length anchor reports. Its interesting because this kind of reporting leads to another term called sensationalism, which we are all intimately familiar with.
So, how closely should we consider this with the current issues? . . . without naming anything specific due to censorship :) . . . much. There is no need to think that all Americans are in danger because of current events. We do, however, need to take caution out here though, to a degree.
On a different note, we have been having a ton of fun visiting biblical and historical sites. Golgotha, Garden tomb, Dead Sea, Zedekiah's tunnel (where Zedekiah tried to escape but was caught and saw his sons killed then had his eyes plucked out), pools of Bethesda, toured about Jerusalem old city, been to shops where the owners have pictures with them giving past prophets merchandise, etc. I have been loving it! I love placing myself in the story watching what was actually going on.
Anyway, I'm going to go watch the movie "Gollipolli" before we go visit it in Turkey next week. Love Love Love, and as always, very grateful for your support!
Until Next Time then!

No comments: